No, participation in the group is free, without any fees of any kind. However, because it is a sport, within a few months of joining, members do need to purchase their own saber and protective equipment.
You must be 18 years of age or older. We do allow members that are 16-17 with a valid signature of release from their guardians.
- Our waiver/membership agreement must be signed before participating in any practice or event.
- We communicate with members primarily through Facebook, so a valid Facebook account is needed.
- All members must own their own stunt quality saber within 90 days of joining. We recommend Ultra Sabers as vendor, but there are several acceptable suppliers on the market now.
- Consistent participation in all practices is key when a member is signed up to perform in a show.
- For many shows and performances, appropriate costumes will be required.
For every practice we do require that you wear or have the following equipment listed below. We do have loaner equipment available, but it is on a first come, first served basis.
- Close-toed, athletic shoes are required for practice.
- Glove with padding on the backs of the hands are required for sparring and games.
- A water bottle (we do have a jug available for refills).
Keep in mind that this is a very physically active sport, that involves walking and running, a lot of arm movement, and is practiced outside and at night with glowing, moving light sources. Some sabers also have options that cause flashing or sounds upon impact. If any of those could cause problems, please contact our leadership before joining.
Send us an email, message our Facebook page, or fill out the form above with as much detail as possible and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can! We’re a non-profit group and volunteer our time for shows and performances. We ask that you notify us two months before a performance is to take place so that we have enough time to properly prepare.